Sunday, March 9, 2008

Miss Pettigrew lives for a Day

Ok, I said I wasn't going to do reviews, but I'll do a mini review for this movie. Frances McDormand plays a down on her luck governess who kind of accidentally gets a job as the social secretary of Delysia LaFosse played by Amy Adams, who is a cabaret singer and aspiring star in 1939 London. She's torn between 3 men, Nick who owns the nightclub (and the flat she stays in), Phil, the son of a producer who can get her a part in a West End play, and Michael her piano player at the nightclub. Lee Pace plays Michael and is fabulous, and I'm a little in love with him now. Lee Pace is on Pushing Daisies on ABC.

The plot is cute and actually a little deeper than I was expecting. All the performances are great and the music (which I just bought) is a lot of fun. Oh, and the costumes and sets are a lot of fun too. So I highly recommend this movie (mostly to girls) either to go see in the theater or to rent.

No comments: