Friday, April 9, 2010

Pictures of Me

So a few months ago, Nikki asked for pictures of everyone in the family so she could post them on a picture wall for Leah. Michael and Christine had done the same thing for Abby and she could recognize everyone on the wall after a while. So I realized that I had only one picture of me that I liked but thought it would be sending the wrong message to my niece to have the picture of me posted on her wall to be one where I'm holding a glass of wine. I can just imagine her at 17 years old going "I don't know why, but whenever I think of Aunt Chrissi, I think of wine". I mean, let's be honest, that may happen anyway, but at least this picture won't be the reason.

So I asked my friend Natalie (well, she was Nikki's friend first, but she lives in Chicago and we hang out) who is a professional photographer if she would consider taking a few pictures of me for the wall. We went out and took them on the lake while her fiance played photographers assistant (which included holding both of our purses). I about froze to death, because the first time I mentioned this to her it was fall and still warm out. Once we finally got around to doing it, it was March. That day it was probably high 30's. But I liked them so well that I thought I'd post my favorites here. The color is a little wonky on the last 2 because they were actually test shots to get the color right, but I like them and you can't really tell unless you're looking for it. So here you go. I'm not fishing for compliments, though, I swear! If anyone deserves a compliment, it's Natalie for taking such beautiful pictures.







3 comments:

bj said...

I like all of them but I think my favorite is the second one in the blue sweater.

Megan said...

I actually really like the last two

Anna said...

I agree with Megan. The last two, with the yellow coat are so happy. Such a great treat to have nice pictures of yourself.