Thursday, September 29, 2011

Birds of Europe

I meant to post this like a year ago, but oh well. Here, without much in the way of explanation, are the pictures of birds I saw in Europe when I went to Italy and Switzerland last year. We saw a lot more than what's here, but didn't get pictures of them all. Not all the IDs are 100% either, but I'm pretty sure on most of them. ShagGreat-Crested Grebe
Barnacle Goose
Mute Swan (headless)
Mute Swan and Goslings
Female Red-Crested Pochard
Male Pochard
Eurasian Coot & Baby
Eurasian Coot (look at those feet!!)
Baby Eurasian Coot
Male Red-Crested Pochard
Great-Spotted Woodpecker
Greylag Goose
Baby something or other (no idea)
Great Tit (cleaning himself obviously)
White Wagtail (yes, they really do wag their tails, but up and down, not side to side)
Mute Swan
Grey Wagtail
Muscovy Duck (someone's pet/farm animal)
Chaffinch
Domestic Geese
Collared Dove
Mute Swan

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Unpictured includes a Dipper, Little Owl, Lapwing in Italy, and Red Kites in Switzerland. I think you should include pictures of them from the internet just because they're impressive. :)

Chrissi said...

I have the full list somewhere. I'll post another post after I find pictures of them.

Megan said...

I think the headless swan and the lock ness monster (grebe) ate my favorites love the pics