Saturday, October 29, 2011

Yay!!!


Here's the Gallinule. It's called a Common Gallinule. Up until this year it was called a Common Moorhen, and then they decided to separate the North American subspecies out into its own species, so now it's a Gallinule. I have A LOT more to write about birding today and more pictures to share, but I wanted to post this right away. I saw three new birds today (LeConte's Sparrow, Redpoll, and the Gallinule) and also met a whole bunch of new birders. If I had cared to stick around after the hedge got descended on by rabid birders (after a rare bird alert went out), I could've seen a very rare bird for our area called a Sage Thrasher. However, as much as I like seeing new birds, I'm not really big on birding in huge crowds, so I left instead. :) I'll post again soon!

No comments: