Saturday, December 8, 2007

New Art




I went to a charity auction tonight at the Harrington School of Design, which is where my friend Natalie goes for photography classes. It benefited the Chicago Youth Programs and many of the faculty and staff put art up for auction. Natalie sold two of her three photographs (which was a little weird because they were a set and me and Natalie both liked the one that wasn't bought better than one of the ones that was, but whatever). I bought one item which is of a tree from an interesting perspective in Switzerland. Natalie bought one that I liked of a pinup girl from the 1800's (saloon-esque) which she then proceeded to give me for Christmas!!! So I've included pictures of both. The tree is going in my living room with the rest of my black and white photographs and the pin-up girl is going in the dining room. She's in blue, so she should go in my bedroom (which is decorated in blue), but I'm pretty sure that would be weird, so she's going in the dining room. There were 3 pin-up girl graphics and Natalie bid on this one and when she got beat on this one, bid on another. When she got to the front to checkout she found out she had them mixed up and ended up winning the one she wanted in the first place! Happy!

No comments: