Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Another Food Post

So I cooked up my dinner tonight, veggies and halibut (Be proud Mom, I cooked!). Looked beautiful, but before I cooked the fish I smelled it because I wasn't sure if it would still be good. Smelled fishy. So I looked it up on the internet and everything said that Halibut should smell like the fresh ocean, not super fishy. Well, I think the freaking ocean smells fishy, so I didn't know what to do! So I cooked it all up, ate all the veggies, about 3 bites of fish and threw the rest away. Because I am so not gourmet and don't know what halibut is supposed to smell or taste like thank you very much.

Here's a lovely picture of it while it was sauteeing. The veggies were onions, red peppers, artichokes, and fresh green beans.



The green beans were the best. The onions and artichokes were good, but the red peppers were overdone. So now I know how to saute vegetables. Good to know.

No comments: