Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pub Quiz

I will buy a drink to whoever can tell me what book this is from.  OK, only the first person.  And Michael's not allowed to answer.

A quote from one of my favorite books in honor of my grandparents house being torn down in order to build a bypass:  

"Bypasses are devices that allow some people to dash from point A to point B very fast while other people dash from point B to point A very fast.  People living at point C, being a point directly in between, are often given to wonder what's so great about point A that so many people from point B are so keen to get there, and what's so great about point B that so many people from point A are so keen to get there.  They often wish that people would just once and for all work out where the hell they wanted to be."


3 comments:

Nikki said...

ok I'm gonna take a guess at it... and I didn't ask Michael for help... it it's Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy?
I don't really know, I haven't read it, it just sounds like something that would come from that book.

Christine said...

Oh wow I didn't realize that it was signed in under Nikki... whoops... that was supposed to be from me.

Chrissi said...

Yay!!! You got it right! Laura emailed me last week with it, but she googled it, which is cheating. ;) I owe you a drink! Although I have to admit that I told my friends Kitty & Bill about the post and they both came up with it before I even finished saying the whole thing. :) But they don't read my blog and are therefore ineligible :)