Sunday, August 31, 2008

Jersey Boys!!!

On a whim (like, bought the tix the night before at 10:30pm whim) Mom and I went to go see the musical Jersey Boys. It's the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. You would recognize most of their music. It was so so so good, probably partially because I grew up on the oldies, but still I think anyone would love it. The acting was superb, we got the understudy for Frankie Valli, and he was a fantastic actor and obviously a great singer, but he overdid the falsetto sometimes. :) Think the song "Big Girls Don't Cry", and you'll understand. The guy that played Bob Gaudio, Drew Gehling was my favorite. He had a killer voice, and he was kind of adorable too. We had a fantastic time. Here are pics from that and just walking around Chicago.


Characters left to right: Nick Massi, Frankie Valli, Bob Gaudio, and Tommy DeVito
Actual Four Seasons, starting at the top, clockwise: Bob Gaudio, Frankie Valli, Tommy DeVito and Nick Massi






Random Adorable Child

The Bean





And then on Sunday we laid out on Lake Michigan.



Edited: Oops! Forgot to mention my major clutz moment. Now, normally, as most of you know, it's mom that's always tripping over concrete and falling off trolley cars, but apparently it was my turn. Today (Sunday) we were shopping and as we were walking down the sidewalk to get something to eat I tripped on a ridge in the sidewalk and just went down. I hit it hard and didn't have time to catch myself w/ my other foot so I think it went something like my knee hit first then both my wrists (and the sore one is none too happy about that) and then I rolled to help distribute the impact. There was absolutely nothing going through my mind except "Oh Crap", so I can't say I had the presence of mind to roll, I just kind of did it. But me and Mom agree that that probably saved me from some bad injuries like a broken wrist or hitting the concrete with my face. So really I just have a skinned elbow, a badly bruised knee, and a scrape on my foot and probably a dozen bruises. Tada!!!

No comments: