Monday, August 4, 2008

My Very First Time at Wrigley Field

I'm gonna kind of let the pictures and video speak for themselves.
















Make sure your speakers are on for the video




Were those tornado sirens, you ask? Why yes, yes they were.

Ok, to be perfectly honest I had a blast. The whole time the storm was moving through I was having a great time. Honestly, I think they partially put the tornado sirens on to get people out of the stands and down into the concourse (which they had announced on the loud speaker, but most people weren't really moving). The last video is of us in the concourse squished in like sardines. They shut the doors (big metal things) for a bit, but it started getting really really hot so they had to open them again and just try to keep people from leaving. Afterwards, me and Kitty just walked home and the lightning was awesome! I told Kitty that there for a while right when the tornado sirens first went off and with the sound of the fire engine outside, that I kind of felt like an extra in a disaster movie. :)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Wow Chrissi - looks you had quite the night! I love that you were taking video of it - I'd be doing the same thing. Anytime a bad storm came through, my dad and I used to go out on the porch to watch it. Go to the basement? Of course not!

Nikki said...

I was watching the Cubs game from today and the announcers were definitely in awe of the events of last night. They couldn't stop talking about it.

Chrissi said...

You should read the article on it on ESPN. Lance Berkman (who plays for the Astros) has some hysterical quotes about how he wasn't going to play baseball in a lightning storm.

Christine said...

omg, what an experience! What were they doing when they were coving the field? Was that for the rain?