Friday, August 15, 2008

Golden Boy

Well, Wow. While I was working so diligently on my LOLAbby Michael Phelps won his 7th Gold by 1/100th of a second.

That's a fingernail.

I don't know at what point these Europeans are going to learn to keep their mouths shut. Hubris, kids, Hubris. Study your Greek Mythology. Hmph...I'm not a geek at all. Now, get off my lawn.

So Cavic actually said (I think) yesterday that it would be better for swimming as a sport if he beat Michael Phelps in this race the 100m Butterfly. I...um...what? Does that make ANY sense to anyone? Anyway, his coaches are in the "Resolution Room" (what do you think that's like - like plastered with posters about how we should all just get along?) filing a grievance about the end of the race. Bob Costas says the electronic sensors never lie and since you can't really tell from the video - some look like Phelps won, some look like Cavic won, I think they have to rely on the sensors. Also, that's a huge can of worms - overriding the sensors. I doubt they'll even seriously consider it. They wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole, or a six foot Serb, as it were. Ba Doom, chung. I'll be here all week. I had to explain the joke in painstaking detail to my coworkers; please tell me you get it or I will have to disown you all as my friends.

Update: They've rejected Cavic's protest.

If you have absolutely no idea what's going on with the captioned LOLAbby, it's from this website: LOLCats (this website: icanhascheezburger.com and ihasahotdog.com). It's all explained here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolcats . The LOLCats are what makes me smile at least once a day. I've been meaning to make a LOLCat of Izzie (which will be a LOLIzzie), so I'll work on that. Also, I just realized I have like eighteenmillion pictures of all my friends and relatives pets so I might try to play with those too, although I have serious doubts as to whether I have the wit to give all your little darlings justice.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

So, I just watched that - wow. That's really all I can say. And that Michael Phelps's mom was really funny. So,part of the explanation I heard is that the technical board reviewed footage from the overhead cameras which I got the impression were cameras owned by Omega as part of the timing process vs the ones that we get to see the footage of from NBC and went frame by frame to determine that he did indeed touch first or at least that they determined it was possible if not probable that he touched first.

Nikki said...

Ok - story on the AP is that Cavic didn't want the Serbians to protest in the first place and that once the technical board showed the Serbians some video they have that they're not showing on tv, they dropped the protest b/c the video clearly shows Phelps winning.