Sunday, August 10, 2008

sasha artemev



This is the second half of Sasha Artemev's routine on Pommel Horse. He was the second alternate selected after Morgan Hamm dropped out. The guy you see cheering in the white shirt is the alternate that wasn't selected. This video might not be around forever because NBC is pulling all Olympic clips off of YouTube. Jerks. Especially because that video isn't actually available on NBC's Olympics website.

Anyway, while I was watching this I got really nervous because he started to go so fast I thought he was going to fall off the horse. And sorry it's fuzzy.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

So - what happened? Did he get a good score? It looked really good to me, but I don't know much. Try not to give too much away - but seriously, I am really not getting to see much from the Olympics here. :( Although I just watched the end of the Lithuania vs Argentina men's basketball game and it was really exciting!

Chrissi said...

Yeah it was a good score. He made the top eight for Pommel Horse, so he qualifies to compete for a medal on that apparatus. One of only 2 Americans to qualify over all the apparatus.