Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fun Day

So I have some random stuff to post. Today and tomorrow is the Chicago Air & Water Show, the 50th Anniversary. So we kept getting to see the Blue Angels go over the city. I didn't go down to the Lake, so I didn't actually see the show, but you'd hear it coming from time to time. So I got my camera out and took a few pictures and a video. I went down to Clark & Diversey to go shopping (which is about 3 miles South of my place and closer to where the show was) and I parked on top of the building and took some of my pictures and video from there. I was only 3 or 4 stories up, but it was a good vantage point because the planes kept going over. At one point, the noise shook everything so hard that it set someone's car alarm off. So watching all of that actually made me woozy. I think it had something to do with being up higher than the ground, but at one point during the video you can hear me say Oh My God because they just went so high up and it was making me literally dizzy. Yes, Michael, literally, not figuratively. I finally went down to go shopping because my legs were a little weak.




This is my view from the rooftop:




SO, when I went shopping I got Izzie a new litter box to try and get her to stop tracking quite so much litter out of her box. It kind of looks like an igloo, it's interesting.



Unfortunately, they did not have it in this lovely shade of purple (if they had, I would've gotten it). They had a really ugly gold and "seafoam". We got seafoam. As the cat goes up the steps, which you can see then it turns and the litter is to the right. Supposedly, the stairs and the little turn helps keep the litter in the box instead of on your floor. We'll see.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Pshaw. Blue Angels. Whatever. The Thunderbirds are waaaay better. lol
Good luck with the igloo - hopefully she's not afraid to go into it. :)

Chrissi said...

Well, I put the top on last night before I went to bed and what ensued does not bode well. But the Petsmart guy said they had a 30 day guarantee on that product so if it doesn't work out I can return it. She's used it without the dome on. And she's super curious about it when I do put the dome on, she peers into it a lot. So I'm in bed reading and I hear the sound of the litter going everywhere and what sounds like the plastic dome hitting the wall and she comes TEARING out of the kitchen. I don't know exactly what happened, but I went in and took the dome off again.

Christine said...

You made michael lol, literally