Sunday, February 3, 2008

Hallelujah!!!!


I like to think of this, where Tom Brady fumbled and lost the football as my favorite moment of the night. Or maybe when Bill Belichek walked off the field w/ one second left to play and didn't congratulate the other teams coach, thereby showing his true colors (for the 80th time). But this time it's pretty irrefutable. I like to think of the groans in unison in Boston and of all the bandwagoners when Eli threw for that last touchdown. I really like that a Manning, even if it wasn't ours, was the one to beat them. But mostly I like that this team will go down in history as having choked as big you can on the biggest stage. And even though I'm not a Dolphins fan, I like that there was some serious champagne bottles popping tonight because the freaking 2007 Patriots will not go down as the greatest team in football. We all knew it, we all saw their weaknesses, but now here's the proof and it couldn't be sweeter!!


Yay Mannings!! Keeping the Patriots from winning a Super Bowl 2 years in a row and counting...

10 minutes later: I'm listening to the Bellichek "Press conference" and I am giggling like a schoolgirl. Like a drunk schoolgirl. He's such a douche.


I'm reveling in the schadenfreude right now. Here are some of my favorite posts from blogs I've been reading:

Somewhere in South America, a village is getting a shipment of "19-0" T-shirts
A win for America
Cheaters never win
Incontrovertible proof that THERE IS A GOD
Was the game good? I was watching the Puppy Bowl.
Can we confirm that the Sports Guy is alive? Good lord put him on suicide watch.
Has Gisele dumped Brady yet?
Inconceivable! (posted by a Sicilian) - if you don't get the reference, I'll disown you.


And my favorite:



Stay Classy, Bill Belichek.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love the post! The game (end of it especially) was so exciting!

Nikki said...

mwa-hahahahahaha - that's all I have to say.