Thursday, June 25, 2009

SYTYCD Results

So, bottom 3 are, as predicted, Caitlin & Jason, Vitolio & Asuka, and Jonathan & Karla. They're pretty harsh on Jonathan & Karla even in the results show. They don't usually re-skewer a dance like that.

Caitlin's solo was gorgeous - very musical and well choreographed.
I couldn't see Jason's solo - stupid antenna
Karla - I actually quite liked hers although I did see some stumbles.
Asuka - same ballroom solo that we always see, not terribly good.
Jonathan- gymnastics,+ ballroom, not great.
Vitolio - too many jumps, not very musical.

Going home?

Asuka. I completely agree with Nigel that she hasn't grown. She didn't inhabit her character at all in the last dance and I didn't see any potential that she might be able to ever overcome that.

Jonathan. I kind of thought Vitolio deserved to go home, but Jonathan has kind of sucked and I don't think they could dismiss that.

So our final 2 classically trained ballroom dancers are gone! The only one left (who is not classically trained, really) is Jeanette who is a salsa dancer, not a ballroom dancer.

So Genre Predictions for next week (i'm giving myself a choice of 2):
Kayla & Kupono: Uhhh, Foxtrot or Disco
Janine & Phillip: Quickstep or Contemporary
Caitlin & Jason: Contemporary or Jazz
Vitolio & Karla: Latin Ballroom
Melissa & Ade: Foxtrot or HIp-Hop
Evan & Randi: Waltz or Hip-Hop
Jeanette & Brandon: Contemporary or Latin Ballroom

No comments: